Hyundai Maintenance - FAQ
Hyundai Maintenance - FAQ
There's a lot of effort that goes into keeping a vehicle running optimally. At Stratford Hyundai, we're here to answer some of your Hyundai maintenance questions.
1. How Do I Increase Fuel Efficiency?
The major thing that affects fuel economy is maintenance. Regular tune-ups for your brakes, fluids, and battery keep your vehicle running smoothly and ensure everything is functioning at peak efficiency. Schedule a maintenance appointment at our expert Service Centre for better fuel efficiency.
2. How Often Should I Change My Oil?
Regular oil changes improve your gas mileage, lubricate the engine, and clear out debris. Depending on vehicle age, type of oil, and driving habits, oil change intervals will vary. Typically, you should change your vehicle's oil every three to six months. It's best to follow your manufacturer's recommendations for your specific vehicle.
3. How Do I Check My Engine Oil Level?
Engine oil extends the life of your engine. To check your engine level, pull the dipstick out, wipe it down, and replace it fully into the engine. When you pull the dipstick back out, you should see the oil level where the oily section and dry section meet.
4. How Do I Change Windshield Wipers?
Old wipers can scratch and damage the windshield. First, remove the old wiper from the arm. To replace it with a new one, take your new wiper blade and slide it onto the arm until it clicks on. Slowly lower the arm so that it is touching the windshield again.
5. What Is Wrong with My Brakes?
- A pulsing or jerking from the brake is likely caused by a defect in the brake rotor or drum.
- If the pedal sinks or is not as responsive, there could be a leak in the braking system.
- A loud metallic sound means that you have worn down the pads completely.
- A vibration or pulsating brake pedal is often a symptom of warped rotors.
6. Why Is My Check Engine Light On?
Dashboard lights indicate many things about your vehicle's condition and could be serious. Your engine check light could mean low oil pressure, an overheating engine, heavy loads, loss of power, or poor gas mileage. Your best bet is to get the car checked out as soon as possible to avoid causing further damage.
Hyundai Maintenance in Stratford, ON
Visit us in Stratford, Ontario, and get your vehicle inspected by our trained technicians. If you decide to purchase a new car from our new inventory, we will gladly take your old one off your hands. Just trade it in and drive off in your new car today!